Basketball, which has become global in the last few years. One of the indoor game, which has millions of fans all around the world and has massive popularity. This is a game played by two teams consisting of 5 players each, and the game is played on a rectangular floor and has a basket on both ends. This basket was fixed at a height above the ground. The rectangular floor is divided into main sections by the central line. This rectangular floor is called the court. Basketball is played in well-maintained marked court and found in different areas.
- Start of the game
In this game, each team score by shooting the ball through the basket; it depends on which section of the court you threw a ball and scored a point. And the ball is passed with the help of teammates. The game is split into four twelve-minute quarters. Before the start of the match, the team must wear players must wear a face mask for protection.
- Scoring in-game
For scoring a point, a team needs to shoot the ball. If a scored shot is closer to the basket, then it will result in 2 points. If the ball is hit behind 3 point line, then it will result in 3 points. Points are also given for free throw, so successful free throws will get 1 point. So the team with the highest number of points is declared the winner. In case both the teams have the same issues at the end of the time, then may be extra time given to both of the units. In the game, the player cannot move if it is holding a ball. If it moves, it is considered a foul, and if any player comes to contact with another team player, it is also considered a foul, which may give advantage to another team.
- Rules and regulations
Rules and regulations of basketball which gives the procedures to play the game. These rules can depend on the level of the game played. So most of the rules are discussed below, which can be applied to play for the Fairplay.
- Each team consists of 5 players on both sides of the court at a time, and players can substitute with each other at any time within the game.
- The player cannot move to holding the bowl. The player first has to throw the ball from that spot where he catches it; then it is allowance to move.
- After each successful goal or basket, the ball, then turned, is given to the opposition.
- The ball must be held by hands only; the other parts of the body cannot hold the ball.
- There is no contact with opponents team players such as shouldering, pushing, and striking; it can be considered foul by the player.
- There are two judgments in the game available, one umpire and another referee. The umpire shall note down the fouls and tell to referee when there three fouls have been made.